The school agrees to provide for pupils and parents:
- a safe, well ordered environment in which learning can take place;
- that the pupil will be valued as an individual;
- challenging programmes of teaching, guidance and a range of opportunities designed to enable pupils to achieve their full potential;
- regular information about progress and performance;
- early warning of problems, whether associated with work, relationships or discipline;
- easily accessible channels to express views on wider issues which can be valued and recognised.
The parents will try to provide for the school:
- regular and punctual attendance of pupils;
- support for a code of conduct and discipline necessary to ensure the smooth working of the school;
- acceptance of the school ethos and positive support of the teacher’s role;
- an effort to complement the work of the school with helpful attitudes and a supportive home environment which allow the child to benefit from education;
- participation in recognised procedures for the discussion of progress and attainment;
- early contact with the school to discuss any matters which might have a bearing on the child’s progress, happiness or behaviour.
I, as a pupil accept the following responsibilities:
- to attend school regularly and on time;
- to wear school uniform and bring all the equipment I need every day;
- to learn something new each lesson and always do my best;
- to share my feelings honestly and politely and show consideration for others in school;
- to behave sensibly so we can be happy and safe as we learn;
- to try to think for myself and take responsibility for my actions;
- to observe all school rules and treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
Together we will:
- foster a life of faith through our attitudes, values and regular Catholic practice;
- produce happy, capable and competent young people, ready to take responsibility for their own futures, and to respect and care for other people and property;
- give our interest and enthusiasm to support the life of the school;
- provide mutual support for young people as they face the particularly acute problems of growing up in today’s society.