School liturgies are opportunities for the whole community to gather together to share in the Eucharist and to demonstrate our commitment to strengthening our home/school/parish relationship, as both parents and parishioners are invited to join us in the Church.
- We gather together for the following liturgies:
- The start of the academic year (September)
- The feast day of All Saints including St Charles Borromeo (November)
- The start of the new calendar year (January)
- The Feast day of the Sacred Heart (When the School marks its
foundation by The Society of The Sacred Heart in 1907) (June)
- The Feast day for SS Peter and Paul. (June)
With the Feast days of the Ascension and the Epiphany now restored back to their own feast days, the School will once again celebrate these feasts from this year)
The children themselves take an active role in the planning and leading of whole School liturgies. Where appropriate, children will select the readings and hymns themselves before meeting with Fr Peter Wilson to present their plan to him.
A number of children also serve during the liturgy as altar servers.